Everything is great until some non-happy path implementation arises and if someone put you on the spot, how well could you explain `this`?
Now you’re thinking, “Oh Crap…”
In this workshop, you’ll be taking things to the next level, shining a light into “black-box” concepts like prototypes, the `this` keyword, and what primitive types are.
Tyler wthrough each concept, and build your understanding through examples and hands-on exercises in the areas you need to know.
– Primitive Types: the What, How, and Why
– Reference Execution with the this Keyword
– Understanding Implicit vs Explicit Coercion
– How Prototypal Inheritance Works in JS
– Use the ES6 Class Keyword
– Understand Lexical vs. Dynamic Scope
– Create New Objects with the New Keyword
And much more!
Audience & Requirements:
Audience: intermediate to advanced
Requirements: Git, code editor
Developer Advocate Engineer @ Auth0
Tyler is a developer advocate engineer at Auth0, an egghead.io instructor, and a conference speaker. He’s worked primarily as a software engineer for the past seven years and loves getting his hands-on coding projects. His passion is in the frontend, but he also enjoys working on backend tasks. If he’s not in his office working, he’s either with his family or out playing some kind of sport.