Everything is great until some non-happy path implementation arises and if someone put you on the spot, how well could you explain `this`?
Now you’re thinking, “Oh Crap…”
In this workshop, you’ll be taking things to the next level, shining a light into “black-box” concepts like prototypes, the `this` keyword, and what primitive types are.
Tyler wthrough each concept, and build your understanding through examples and hands-on exercises in the areas you need to know.
– Primitive Types: the What, How, and Why
– Reference Execution with the this Keyword
– Understanding Implicit vs Explicit Coercion
– How Prototypal Inheritance Works in JS
– Use the ES6 Class Keyword
– Understand Lexical vs. Dynamic Scope
– Create New Objects with the New Keyword
And much more!
Audience & Requirements:
Audience: intermediate to advanced
Requirements: Git, code editor
Developer Advocate Engineer @ Auth0
I am a developer advocate engineer at Auth0, an egghead.io instructor, and a conference speaker.