PLN 900 + VAT | 3.12.2018, Warsaw, Poland
Perfect your technical skills. Enroll to the Tech Master Class @ FRONTEND CON 2018. Choose your favorite trainer & subject.
Workshop ticket includes:
- 1 full-day (8h) of engaging tech workshop
- Access to a ton of useful information & real-world examples presented by knowledgeable instructors
- All inclusive catering – lunch & coffee breaks
* ticket don’t include conference pass!
Ridiculously Reusable Components in Vue.js
Components are the bread and butter of most modern front-end frameworks, such as Vue.js. They help you structure and manage your application by glueing together your application logic and the interface. However, as an application grows, its components tend to get bigger and harder to reason about.
This workshop will demonstrate how to efficiently design your components by focusing on maximum flexibility while avoiding premature optimisation. Throughout the workshop, we’ll build a set of components for a preexisting application. Following the evolving requirements, we will then perform a series of refactoring cycles to explore different possible solutions and patterns/anti-patterns.
We’ll also talk about good practices for managing responsibilities of our components. By the end of the workshop, you should be able to write future-proof components that are easy to work with and resilient to changes.
Your Trainer: Damian Dulisz, Vue.js Core Team Member
As a Vue.js consultant, Damian is helping companies around the world to build Vue applications. He also co-founded the Official Vue.js Newsletter (news.vuejs.org
) as well as created several popular open source libraries: vue-multiselect, vuelidate and vue-global-events.
- When to split components and how to do it
- Components composition and communication
- When to use Vuex / when local state is fine
- Efficient use of props and events
- Building Renderless Components
- Using Slots and Scoped Slots
- Using Provide/Inject
- Using Mixins
- Good Practices for designing components
Target audience: Vue enthusiasts who want to broaden their knowledge about application architecture by efficient component design.
2. A laptop with a web development friendly system.
3. Node.js, npm/yarn, Git, Vue-CLI 3.0 already installed and working.
4. Vue.js Devtools installed in the browser.
Level: Intermediate to advanced
Bring your own device.